Water Saving Tips for You
- When washing dishes by hand, don’t let the water run. Get in the habit of turning water off and on while rinsing and scrubbing or use a bucket to capture running water and then water your plants with the bucket of water, you can even flush the toilet with the bucket of water by pouring it directly into the bowl!
- Run your washing machine and dishwasher only when they are full and you save up to one thousand gallons per month.
- Check your water meter and water bill to track your water usage.
- Minimize evaporation by watering during the early morning hours, when temperatures are cooler and winds are lighter.
- Use a broom instead of a hose to clean your driveway or sidewalk.
- Buy only high efficiency toilets, washing machines and other water using appliances.
- Time your shower to keep it under 5 minutes.